January 27, 2015 is the deadline to use a mail-in form or the online system to register to vote — or update your registration address — for the Feb. 24, 2015 Municipal Election.
– Visit 69 W. Washington St., Sixth Floor. Bring two forms of ID, at least one of which shows your current address.
– Register through an active deputy registrar affiliated with a local organization, such as a political party, ward organization or other state-certified body.
After your registration form is processed, the Election Board will mail a new voter card.
To register to vote, you must:
– be a U.S. citizen;
– be born on or before Feb. 24, 1997.
– live in your precinct at least 30 days before the election;
– not be in prison/jail serving time for a conviction; and,
– not claim the right to vote elsewhere.